The Center for Global Engagement (formerly Center for International Education) is now located in Schuster Center for Student Success.
CGE Mission Statement
Columbus State University strives to ensure that all its students have opportunities to become globally competent. Students must have the knowledge, cultural self-awareness, and adaptability to function effectively in an interconnected world. It is through the study of other cultures and by studying, working and living with diverse peoples that CSU students will be prepared for working in business, government or education, and contributing to their communities, all of which are globally connected.
The Center's campus internationalization strategy is to provide students with international education learning experiences by:
- infusing international perspectives as broadly as possible across the curricula;
- promoting and assisting international faculty development;
- providing a broad range of quality study abroad programs;
- ensuring international students receive vital support and services;
- encouraging international students to participate in campus internationalization activities;
- supporting visiting and exchange scholars who will share their different perspectives and knowledge with CSU faculty and students;
- and stimulating general campus and community awareness of international issues and other cultures.
The CGE office is located in the International House
on the corner of Clearview Circle and University Avenue
on the CSU main campus
You are invited to stay up-to-date on our progress by viewing digital copies of our newsletter and annual report publications, as well as our most recent campus internationalization plan.